Saturday, January 17, 2015

Catie { Tulsa Child Photographer}

My little Catie turned 6 months old a week or so ago, and I can't believe how fast the time has flown by! We all just adore and love our little Catie and can't believe we went almost 4.5 years as a family without her! She is a little over 6 months old and drinks 6 oz of formula every 3 hours and eats a baby food container for breakfast and one of lunch and dinner. She loves her food, and her weight and length prove it. She is 22 pounds at 6 months and is almost 30 inches long. She wears 12 month size clothing and I am guessing going to be in 18 months in a few weeks...yikes!  Her favorite toy is her Sophie giraffe, it makes her squeal every time she sees it, or when I hand it to her. She is talking (babbling) and rolling over and sleeping through the night...she is perfection!

We just ADORE her :)



Here are some photos from her indoor 6 month shoot. I used some plywood type paneling from lowes for the backdrop and an ivory flokati rug from rugsusa.com  for the floor and set it up in her nursery/room. I didn't use too much space and the session lasted 15-25 minutes. The adorable revival bucket was from wayfair.com (see last 2 photos for the set up). I also made both the headbands she is wearing, hopefully I can sit down next week and post the tutorial.

Tomorrow we are going to head out with her brother, Sam, and get some outdoor photos since the weather is supposed to be wonderful.

The light was coming from a sliding glass door in front of Catie. If you look at the catchlights in her eyes you can see the size of the south facing glass door. I took these photos around 3:30 ish and you can also notice in the photos when the sun was out in full force (photos look warmer) and when a cloud was moving over the sun (cooler looking photos). I have a love/hate relationship with natural light and am really thinking about going purely to studio lights for the consistency....time will tell.

All images were shot with my Canon 6D camera, and my Canon 50mm 1.2L.

If you have any questions just shoot me an email, or if you want to book a session visit my website at www.frazeephotography.com and use the contact tab there to send me an inquiry about booking your session :) I can't wait to work with you!











No comments:

Post a Comment